The Church Program exists to equip pastors and churches to handle issues of mental health in their communities through a biblical and psychologically-sound plan of healing.
Resources include videos and comprehensive curriculum:
- Over 30 videos encompassing…
- Pastoral Healing – All too often as leaders, we can become so focused on the needs of those around us that we lose track of what is happening in our own hearts and minds. We believe one cannot give what they do not possess. The Churches That Heal Church Program begins by focusing on the healing of the church staff through a Pastoral Healing Staff Retreat.
- Mental Health Training – We provide you with proven solutions and answers to key mental health questions they may have previously been ill-equipped to handle. These educational videos provide practical answers to commonly asked questions relating to the church’s role in addressing issues of mental health.
- Church and Community Rollout – Once you’ve completed Pastoral Healing and Mental Health Training, we provide you with a five-session video series to share the message of Churches That Heal with your entire community through a Half-Day Event or Sunday Message Series. Additional resources provided for the Church and Community Rollout include event and marketing materials.
- Live Coaching Webinars with Dr. Cloud as well as ongoing training material from Dr. Cloud addressing specific mental health issues and emotional challenges your community may be facing. Specific topics that will be addressed in the future include, eating disorders, technology addiction, children and social media, pornography, bullying, and burnout.
What can I expect from the content of the program?
Churches That Heal is a proven, down-to-earth plan to help you and your congregants recover from wounds from your past and grow more into the image of God. Dr. Cloud teaches that there are biblical and psychologically-sound solutions for struggles such as depression, anxiety, panic, addictions, and guilt. What we often find is that spiritual growth in and of itself produces healing of the fractures that all of humanity experiences.
The program takes participants step-by-step through the four basic tasks of becoming a mature, healthy Christian:
- Bonding to others
- Separating from others
- Sorting out good and bad in ourselves and others
- Becoming an adult
Because we live in a fallen world, we all have deficits in all four areas. Transforming the effects of the fall and growing in the image of God is not an easy task. But God has promised that the “good work” he began in us, He will carry “on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus” (Phil. 1:6).